Updated: Jan 4, 2019
It's wonderful and magical to be pregnant. Expecting mothers are living in the best of times for being catered to when they seek advice and support for all that excites or troubles the pregnant body and mind. These are a few musts that you need, like right now.
Welcome. Read. Share. Join the Forum
"From Ashy to Classy -- I like that”
Every pregnant woman needs lotion, lotion and more lotion. Do not cheap out on this essential item because it will be the difference between comfort, ease of sleep, a stretch mark free experience or the exact opposite of that. Try and buy some of our favs:
1. Bio-Oil: Apply twice daily for a minimum of 3 months. During pregnancy apply twice daily from the start of the second trimester. bio-oilusa.com
2. O'Keeffe's for Healthy Feet: Rub this highly concentrated moisturizer into your dry feet. Better yet, get your husband, partner, mom or best friend to give you a foot massage that ends with slipping your feet into cozy socks to seal in the healing while you sleep. OKeeffesCompany.com
3. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Ultra-Hydrating Body Butter: Argan Oil is a Moroccan plant oil full of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Use this liberally all over the body several times a day to revitalize skin and restore softness. It smells amazing.
4. HeelTastic Intensive Heel Therapy: Specially formulated for dry, cracked heels. The easy to apply to heel deodorant-style applicator is so convenient. Apply to heels and feet, cover with socks and let the healing begin. Can be purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond and Amazon
5. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E: Easy to find from any local CVS, Rite-Aid or Walgreens. This Pure Cocoa Butter melts easily into skin, smells amazing, protects skin and provides deep moisturizing that lasts for days. The Vitamin E is essential for the prevention of stretch marks and smoothing of existing stretch marks.
6. Dr. Denese SkinScience HydroSheild Hydrating Dream Cream with Cermides, Retinol & Bio Replacement Lipid Factor: Apply Day and Night to Face after your cleansing routine. Moisturizes without causing breakouts, a common problem while hormones rage through the pregnant body.